Photographs as we see them are not mere visual representations. They are our windows into our cultures and share an understanding of what we make out of our diversities and uniqueness.
Parsees/Parsis are people who had embraced the idea of ‘shared cultures’ much before it became one of the main pillars of the modern world narrative, along with ethnic diversity, universal inclusion and social participation. It is this idea that manifests itself in Parsi lifestyle and even food.
Tasting India: Farm to Table is starting an international conversation around India’s lively and diverse Food Heritage. Together with Sodabottleopenerwala, it is happy to announce a photography contest exploring the theme of Parsis and their literal and metaphoric flavour addition to India: Celebrating Parsi Food Culture.
Photographers across the country are invited to submit their photos — they could range from family meals to individual dishes and iconic and new restaurants — as a part of the competition. The competition will be judged by a panel of well-known food theorists, writer-journalists, and of course, photographers working in the field.
(1) The contest starts from December 3, 6 A.M. The photos will be accepted online till December 10, 11:59 P.M.
(2) All the photos have to be uploaded to Instagram. The photos and captions must tag with @tastingIndiasymposium and @sbowindia, and with the official hashtag for the competition #ParsiFoodCulture and #TastingIndia.
(3) The contest is for individuals only. Any entries from aggregator or content re-sharing platforms will by default not be counted.
(4) The photographs must be original. The participant must own the right to reproduce and re-distribute the image over online and offline media. Multiple entries are allowed.
(5) The judges won’t take into consideration the following or popularity of the account. Instead, they will assess the concept, technique and story of the photograph(s) submitted.
(6) All participants must be ready to share hi-res photos over e-mail upon request with a declaration they they alone own the distribution and publishing rights of the photographs.
FIRST PRIZE: A cheque of ₹15,000 + one Gift Hamper from SodaBottleOpenerWala.
SECOND PRIZE: Five in all. One Gift Hamper each from SodaBottleOpenerWala.
THIRD PRIZE: Five in all. One Gift Voucher worth Rs 1,000 each for drinks and food at SodaBottleOpenerWala.